Friday, May 15, 2009

Election

John MacArthur (Now free for listening online!)
A staggering examination of the doctrine of election. Seriously, this message had an impact on my life. I first heard it on audio cassette back in 1997, and I immediately took out a pen and paper, and played it again slowly, transcribing the entire hour long message, so I could study it on paper!

This one is my favorite message to listen to, save MAYBE one or two in the “Holiness of God” series. If you listen to this one while driving your car, you may reach a point where you’ll have to pull your car over and worship. Dr. MacArthur presents a unique perspective on the purpose for the incarnation of Christ, predestination, and the atonement. I have not personally heard this angle preached anywhere else, and it makes my spirit leap within me every time. He finishes up with a *crystal-clear* presentation of imputation/substitution which cannot be misunderstood. As he prays near the end,
“..this immense doctrine, it is pride-crushing, it is God-exalting, it is joy-producing, it is privilege granting, it is holiness promoting, it is strength-giving.”

No comments:

Post a Comment